Little Rooks Nursery
Our Nursery caters for children aged three and four, and will admit children in the September following their third birthday. The Nursery is open Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 11.45am, term-time only.
We offer a kind and caring team who are committed and work hard to develop a positive, encouraging and enabling environment. Along with time indoors, the children have the opportunity to learn outdoors – whatever the weather! As well as a quiet and calm nursery building, the Nursery children share fantastic classroom and outdoor space with our Reception children.
If you would like to register your child for our Nursery, please complete a Confirmation of Interest Form, available on the 'Admissions' page along with some admissions information.
If there is anything else that you would like to know, please call our School Office on 01977 600368. We look forward to welcoming you to our Nursery soon!
Watch this video to find out more about our nursery
The Rookeries Early Years Outdoor Area – Brand New in 2020
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right. Good parenting and high quality early learning together provide the foundation that children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.
(Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage – Department for Education, 2017)
- The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) applies to children from birth to the end of their Reception school year.
- At the Rookeries we offer part-time Nursery provision and full-time school in Reception.
- Our curriculum is based on first-hand experiences and encourages the children’s natural curiosity and spontaneity.
- We place great emphasis on the value of structured play and talk as the means by which children learn, through observing, listening, exploring and interacting.
Our primary aims
- Achieving a high level of well-being in order for children to be able to access their learning independently.
- Nurturing children’s positive dispositions and attitudes.
- Creating an environment which fosters independence, where children are encouraged to explore and express their ideas, knowing that they are valued.
- Provision of valuable, purposeful and, above all, enjoyable learning experiences appropriate to the child’s stage of development.