Striving for excellence, caring for all
At The Rookeries Carleton Junior, Infant and Nursery School we aim to provide a creative, enjoyable and rewarding learning experience for each child in an inclusive, secure and stimulating environment.
- To ensure that no pupil is disadvantaged because of background or educational needs.
- To ensure that pupils have a sound grounding to help develop their full potential at school, college, university and in life.
- To ensure that every pupil can realise their aspiration.
- Develop lively enquiring minds to question and argue rationally and apply themselves to all tasks.
- Develop self-awareness and self-reliance, self-esteem and confidence.
- Use language and numbers effectively.
- Recognise, celebrate and learn from different cultures and faiths within our community.
- Understand and respond to the needs of local, national and international communities.
We want to make sure that all pupils will:
We can achieve this by having high expectations, striving to create a secure, friendly and caring atmosphere where well-merited praise is used to enable each child to develop their talents to the full.
We aim to provide a happy school where learning is fun and exciting.